Supporting and encouraging our lives as Christians
We are committed to ensuring that Chelmsford Cursillo’ provides a safe environment for all. For further information, please go to our Safeguarding page.
WHAT IS CURSILLO?
▪ Cursillo is a method of supporting and encouraging our lives as Christians.
▪ Cursillo (pronounced “kur-see-yo”) is a Spanish word meaning ‘short course’.
▪ Cursillo is a three day experience which includes elements of retreat and learning.
▪ Our Cursillo weekends normally take place twice a year at the Pleshey House of Retreat.
▪ Cursillo in Chelmsford began and operates with the blessing of our Bishop.
WHO IS IT FOR?
People just like you
– laity and clergy –
– anyone who is:
wanting to be joyful
and confident about their faith.
WHAT IS A CURSILLO WEEKEND?
This is the first three days: It begins on a Thursday evening and ends the following Sunday afternoon.
During these three days, those attending live, work and worship together, listening to talks given by different people, both lay and ordained.
You will hear talks on subjects like Grace, Obstacles to Grace, Faith, Study, Sacraments, Evangelism, and the Christian Community in Action.
The talks lead to lively follow up in small groups.
Learning, praying, sharing, singing, laughing and living together is the basis for discovering what it means to say,
“We are the body of Christ.”